The role taken by the Committee consists of the following:
- Determining the seat of arbitration, in the absence of such a choice by the parties.
- Appointing arbitrators, should the parties fail to do so.
- Deciding on requests to review the appointment of any arbitrator.
- Prepare a list of arbitrators from inside or outside the UAE from among those who meet the Executive Committee's requirements.
- Determining arbitrators' fees.
- Drawing up all such bylaws as it deems necessary for the implementation of these Rules (issued and bring the same into force by resolution of the Board.
- Suggest all such amendments as it deems appropriate to these Rules.
- Ratifying, in accordance with the Chamber, the budget of Takheem and prepare its final and closing accounts.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Committee with respect to the fees for the activities and transactions of Takheem for the Executive Committee to adopt and resolve thereafter.
Decisions of the Executive Committee shall be made by a majority of its members.
The Executive Committee may seek assistance of consultants and professionals from any other entities in preparing all necessary studies.
For more information on the Rules, Executive Committee and Takheem’s General Provisions, please click here